Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-18-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
ventport

Default 1956 T-Bird Fuel Pump

I know it's been covered to death, but here is my issue. I have 2 fuel pumps, one has number 2413 stamped on it, and the other which came with my 56 bird has number 4206 stamped on it. The 4206 pump has the bigger bottom on it though they look like they would interchange as the bodies and pump arms are the same. Both say made in USA on them. Which one should I rebuild? Which one is correct for a 56 Bird?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2365.jpg (53.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2367.jpg (87.6 KB, 13 views)
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 12:17 PM   #2
RKS.PA

Default Re: 1956 T-Bird Fuel Pump

Ventport, sorry for the delay in responding to your post, but it has taken me awhile to find my pump. The one that came on my '56 is the one on the right of your second picture.

I was able to find....eventually....a rebuild kit from Prestige Thunderbird. (Frank is the guy to call.) None of the other kits I was able to find held up to the ethanol
gas.

After too many frustrating experiences, I've gone to a pump block off plate and an Autobest electric pump back by the tank with a pressure regulator up at the filter inlet.
I wired the pump with a toggle switch under the dash. I turn it on prior to start up and she starts immediately without lots of load on the battery.

Mine is not a show car. I'm more interested in drivability and reliability!!! The electric pump gets it done for me. Also, I don't care about the wipers, as I don't take her out in the rain.

Regards,

Dick.
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote