Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
Barber31

Default Interior pictures

Just spent about 2 hours searching the archives and not too many pics of interiors. I'm hoping if any of y'all could post pics of your original type interiors. Got a sample card from cartouche and I'd really like to see the fabrics on a bigger scale.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
DougVieyra

Default Re: Interior pictures

You might check with fellow club member's cars. Those that are running and in service are most likely to have redone their upholstery. A look at their car's interiors will give you a pretty good idea of the different fabrics and design - as well as quality. Some say that the fabric upholstery kits from Le Baron Bonney are superior to Cartouche (but, as with most quality products, they are more expensive).

If you are looking for archival photos of car interiors to research what is authentic and correct, as from the Ford Factories - you might want to contact Marco, as he is the leading expert in the arena of being correctly authentic. His research and study of archival photos, and of examination of low-mileage un-restored original cars, makes him one of the nation's leading authorities on original upholstery for the Ford Model A.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #3
Tom Wesenberg

What model and year?

I've posted pictures of a mid 1928 original Tudor interior.

Cartouche would be my last choice for an interior. Classtique first, then L/B second.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
What model and year?

I've posted pictures of a mid 1928 original Tudor interior.

Cartouche would be my last choice for an interior. Classtique first, then L/B second.
Agreed! Seems based on what I have read here, if the car is going to sit in a garage and not be driven the Cartouche will be fine but if you plan on using the seats they appear (again by those that posted here) to wear out is a year or two.

Once ready we are going to use Classtique for the Vicky.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #5
Mitch//pa
BANNED

My seats and door panels where the leg touches wore out in the first year
Screw car-douche its not worth the savings and a job you don't want to do twice
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Great Lakes Greg

Here is Brown Mohair for a Deluxe Coupe I just did. The car owner choose to go with LB and the material and fit was very nice. The instructions, however, were as vague as they get. I have also use Clastique, and dealing with Elizabeth has been nothing but pleasant, and her product is easily comparable to LB in quality and fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1565.jpg (61.7 KB, 77 views)
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
Barber31

Oops, I forgot that. It's a 1931 Tudor. In the archives, it was very clear by many the order in which company was preferred over the other. Hopefully when it's time to order, my funds will allow me to go for the best. There was also a few things that struck me while I was reading. If Brent-in-10-uh-c reads this , could you elaborate on a comment you made that none of the kits offered are correct? Meaning color scheme wise or fabric wise? And after wondering why the original upholstery in my car didn't really look close to any of the swatches, it dawned on me when someone mentioned a grey check fabric which is not on the sample card. The grey one that is doesn't look the same. So does no one offer a authentic looking grey check? Maybe that's what Brent was also referring to, I don't know. But I ordered a sample card from L-B to see any difference and couldn't find a sample card from classtique. Also thanks Greg for the pic. Is it mohair fabric?
Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 AM   #8
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Here is another past post on interiors;

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38391
Old 07-20-2014, 01:23 AM   #9
Barber31

I do believe I read that one mike when I was searching the archives. Thank you for that.