View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
Skibb

Default Re: Tire question from a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but it can't be helped. My old man garaged his 1928 Model A a few years ago and has neglected her. I have taken custody of her (because she is awesome) and am making plans to get her back on the road. First step is tires. All four have dry rot. I was about to order replacements and realized that I have no idea if she needs tubes as well. Also, is there anything else obvious that I need to get so we can get her up and rolling again?

I'm pretty sure this won't be my last ridiculous question! I am learning a lot just reading the forums, so thanks in advance!

Heather
Miss Heather, welcome to the Ford Barn. You'll find that there are no ridiculous questions here. Except, lol, perhaps on the question of oil. But I'll let that subject be. I'm a newbie too and have benefited greatly from the advice offered here. We're all proud of you for rescuing Dad's Model A.

For some reason I put Firestones on my A. Then, I had Buyer's Remorse as I looked at the old fashioned tread design and the "Gum Dipped" label on the side that evoked a marketing slogan from eighty-five years ago. So with a little cloud of Buyer's Remorse hanging over the sun visor, I started driving the A. Then, we tried the Blue Ridge Mountain Tour. While going down steep mountain roads with switch backs and hard rain, we discovered that our Firestones gave nothing but superb performance. I'm sure there a couple or three other brands that are just as good.

Keep your questions coming.
Skibb is offline   Reply With Quote