View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #45
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Maybe 10 years ago, but certainly not now. Case in point;

I am a die hard Ford guy, but I hated the old Ford Focus. In my eye they were one of the biggest pieces of crap that Ford put out. I wouldn't have one as a gift, I hated the car. Everything about it from the lousy build quality to the noisy under powered engine.

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a local dealer and bought a new 2012 SEL 5-door hatchback Focus. They don't even compare to the older ones. After driving one on a test, we were hooked. The quality is outstanding, it starts quietly and shifts smoothly AND the 40 MPG is not a lie, we are getting that consistently and it is a new car. All kinds of neat stuff on the car that you would expect on say a Lexus or some other higher priced car. The salesman pointed out 'It is all German engineering. They have been building this car in the big Koln, (Cologne) Germany plant for several years and can't keep up with demand' . Car is built in Michigan in an old F-150 factory that Ford spent many millions re-vamping.

If you think I'm blowing hot air, I challenge anyone to go drive one they are a great little car for around $20-$22K
exactly my point foreign engineering and quality