View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
MrTube

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHIGHLANDER View Post
Hey Brent, right-freakin-on brother.

#1 It's a wheel cylinder, cast iron with some holes and machining done.

#2 Since the part has such a simple function, is "Made in the USA" really THAT
drastic? Will buying it cost you your job? Will it make your car worth 1/2 it's current value?

#3 Does the supplier deserve to make a profit...so he can stay in buisness...and provide the goods and services his base needs?

#4 If you were Thomson, would you scheme to defraud all of us worthless old car people in advance of selling product?

There's nothing sinister going on there. Wheel cylinders have been imported LOOONNGG before it was unpopular to do so. If it fits, looks new, does what you want it to, I can't see how you're hurt. Look around your house. Unless you're one of those who only have things over 30-40yrs old it's full of imported product purchased by choice. Just sayin...

I don't know, maybe I'm an idiot but I went well out of my way to buy USA made WARD brand pipe fittings when I ran steam piping in my house as well as natural gas piping. These fittings are simple hunks of iron with some machining, but you would be amazed how much nicer they thread onto a pipe than the Chinese garbage home depot sells.