View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayid View Post
If they're unwilling to satisfy you when they lied, they should be finding a credit card chargeback shortly.

Unacceptable practice and response.

Oh please don't let this get out of hand or ugly. Is it really worth it? Until you have owned a small business you just don't know what you must go through.

Is it possible that Thompsons did not think about offering a credit at the time you were on the phone or if you had suggested it they would have?

Is it possible this was an oversight on their part where there was not intent of deception or them trying to mislead anyone? Maybe when they put together the webpage, this was a picture of the same unit as what they were selling yet their vendor changed suppliers and they did not realize it?

Folks, please realize that there are always two sides to every story and there was only one perfect person that ever roamed this Earth. The rest of us are guilty of making mistakes from time to time and I feel people trying to provide a service to us do not deserve to be blind-sided by negative feedback in a public forum where they may or may not be able to offer their perspective. I realize Ryan has no problem with folks giving negative feedback here but does it really help? In the case of the Thompsons, it appears they are only re-selling and not manufacturing the item. If you are unhappy with a purchase, ask to return it. My suggestion is to put yourself in their shoes while communicatating with folks and try to amicably work it out being fair to everyone involved.

BTW, I have no clue who the Thompsons are nor have I ever heard about them so I am completely neutral and unbiased in my thoughts.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )