Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #73
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
you are 110% correct, but in most businesses nowadays, isn't what you write about the sign of the times? everyone from supermarkets to the post office to banks to car parts stores, on and on, tries to get by with fewer employees than they should have. I don't remember such a situation back in the '50s and '60s.

I agree, ...but selling Model-A parts is typically done to a more conservative crowd that has high ethics and moral standards that John Q Public. Writings that are misleading or deceitful may be accepted as the norm by a more liberalistic crowd, I am not so sure the acceptance is so widespread by the typical Model-A owner.

Fewer employees are one thing and I am sure there are many companies that choose to adopt that strategy however it can play against a company too. In the case of the big box store in my town, if both competing stores choose to hire unknowledgeable employees about their products, I am kinda stuck and both are back on an even keel. In the case of Model-A parts sales, most would agree that Macs/Ecklers is not very high on the list of knowledgeable/service-oriented dealers. Therefore many would agree they need to look for ways to bring up their ratings, ...and IMHO they should start by adding folks that know what they are talking about. When that happens, they may very well realize how inferior many of their parts are and choose to raise their standards.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote