View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:15 AM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: speedster windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
if somebody made a run of the monocle windshield-circle glass, Ild bet theyld sell out rather quickly. Thinking 50-100 pieces......
I have the brass castings of one, and an aluminum castings of one if anyone wants to use for patterns, but the issue is you need one for early Model-T columns (w/o horn wire conduit), the later Model-T columns, a Model-A column, and then one that can be machined for other size columns on orphan cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Take it from me, Brooklands type windscreen are virtually useless - for show only. Even the slightest drizzle of rain feels like you are being shot with a barrage of needles and in decent weather, you will be wind burned to a crisp in a flash. Been there, done that.

I would go with a standard Model A windscreen from an open car chopped down to you liking that will give some degree of protection. Modify the stanchions so that it can be folded flat if you like.

I can tell you from personal experiences that when you are in a speedster like I am below, it seems to rain 4-times as hard since the tires are throwing it up too, so at that point, windshield ain't gonna be much help at keeping you dry anyway!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP09817r.jpg (92.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DCP09821r.jpg (71.4 KB, 15 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote