View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #1
coupe1942

Default Sometimes ya' just gotta' laugh with the "new to me" Model A

It wasn't the missing lower bolt from the light bar that troubled me so much or the parts missing from the horn. Even the seat pan wood not being screwed in securely was not a difficult issue to correct. An adjustment here or there was to be expected. Not the end of the world that the floorboard at the tranny area was not secured at all or even that only two screws which were not even tightened down held the larger wooden floorboard piece in place. It just caught me off guard in seeing the extra, extra, extra length of positive battery cable installed when I followed the wiring back to see if I had a positive ground or not on the 12v system. I think he must have been planning on stretching that red wire up to the top bleachers of Cowboy Stadium so he could hook up his portable radio there. :-)

The whole bay needs a good and thorough cleaning and servicing, for sure. Just makes one wonder how many other routine service things the previous owner may have overlooked or neglected.

I have to install a new wiring harness to the old gal, so it looks like I'll be busy in catching up on some missing item replacement and such. I have not looked closely, but I am betting that battery holder is incorrect by the way it is angled in place and secured.

I wonder what the new owner thought about the last Model A tudor I sold several years back? It was essentially bone stock so hopefully he didn't have to muck about with changing much if he went back to stock vs making it into a street rod.

Not complaining in the least, as it just strikes me as to being ironically funny to find so many little things in need of attention. Oh, well, I need a project to keep me busy................. just not to keep me broke. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 459.jpg (111.0 KB, 512 views)
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote