View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 04:31 PM   #27
Lawrie

Default Re: Trip away in the33

Well, I made a real blue yesterday,half way along a 320 k leg, I stopped and took a dirt side track down to an old disused bridge, and stalled doing a U turn in the scrub, went to start and it wouldn’t start,so thinking I was out of gas I put the jerrycan in,then promptly flooded it trying to start,then like a dunce wound the battery down,Damm.
35C, dirt track, 50mtrs from the road,
I waited for a while then tried again,but as most know,once the engine is flooded it will take a good wind over to get started.
So, I walked up to the road,and along comes a farmer,in his 2 week old Landcruiser,I tell him my problem, he Tells me ,no worries,he will give me a jump start,but I will have to open the bonnet(hood), as he was caught in the tractor PTO the other day and was too beat up and sore,
I throw my trusty old blanket under the 33 to put the 12v jumper lead direct to the starter and one crank and the engine spluttered into life in a cloud of black smoke.
The farmer then produces a cold beer from the esky in the back of his Ute,
We both have a laugh, and cure the problems of the world with a good chat.
He stays until I get back onto the road before he heads off,
The only sad thing,I took no photos.
One thing, I had to heave my blanket into the scrub as it was full of burs, the real big ones the will go through a thong(Jandal, flip flop.)
I sure didn’t want any of them in the car.
I had planned to free camp but decided to stop in the next caravan pack and went into town for dinner.
I put the battery on charge over night
Lawrie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70784EEF-3772-4192-9423-2E99D6C4C1B3.jpg (47.5 KB, 201 views)
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote