View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
CaliforniaBorn36

Default Re: How to make a B-W R10 OD work

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
First off, is the lever tied off because the overdrive unit is damaged?

I have the same setup in my 1936. the lever engages the overdrive unit and you are in free wheel mode. There is an electric source, (switch), that should run through a relay.

1. Engage overdrive
2. Turn on switch
3. Run up to between 20 to 30 mph, and momentarily take your foot of the gas and you should hear the overdrive engage.
4. The momentary interruption of acceleration allows the spawl to engage, you must do the same when decelerating if you want it to disengage while in motion. Keep in mind that you will still be in free-wheel mode.

The Model A article attached previously is a good source and I have attached an article about repair that shows all the parts broken down.

Be sure the overdrive lever is disengaged before you put the transmission into reserve.

You can find the operating manual and much more information by searching the web, ("borg warner r10 overdrive manual")

(EDIT I see that Bob C attached both the Model A article and the repair article as well
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Borg-Warner-Repair.pdf (948.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by CaliforniaBorn36; 08-23-2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: New information
CaliforniaBorn36 is offline   Reply With Quote