View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 11:28 PM   #121
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
I believe you can just flip the cover of the oil pump over, to get a new surface. Check it with some 320 grit on a flat surface, like your fancy grinder or table saw bed.

Next, use your new toy...er, I mean lathe, and put a center on the crank bolt to use a puller for the gear....carry on
Skip, I see we were talking about two different things here. The cover I was talking about is on the back of the block and your plate is on the pump itself. I still need to take apart a couple of short body pumps I found so I will need this info real soon. I went down to the shop for a half hour to do some investigating now that I know a lot more about that gear. I did find two that were accessable without taking an engine off it's stand. Looks like 3/8-16 on the thread. Hoping to be done in the woodshop by 10 am and get a good day in on the engine project. Stay tuned for more questions for the council of experts.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote