View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: model A and model B lifters

Thanks Herm, It was not my intention to try and cause you to eat crow, or discredit your posts. This thread started out with the question by Jose Cartin if he could use model A lifters with a model B cam. I answered Jose and said that model B lifters had a larger base and were also longer than model A lifters. I suggested that if he used a model B cam that he would either need to use model B lifters or adjustable lifters. I also pointed out the fact that the double lock lifters that I have seen had a smaller base. I also pointed out the danger of smaller base lifters dropping of the nose of the cam quicker and scrapeing down the side of the lobe and causeing rapid wear. This was backed up by Ford and Vince Falters site. I was only trying to give helpful advice. Undoubtabtly Jose didn't see my answer or ignored it completely and asked the same question again. Another guy came on and said that he used MODEL A lifters with B cams on his rebuilds all of the time and bumped his post to the top. Maybe he does use model A lifters, I wouldn't doubt it. Maybe in an attempt to deminish my post on the previous thread, the guy really put his foot in his mouth. He was probably meaning that he used adjustable lifters. Just because adjustable lifters are listed in the model A parts catalogs doesn't mean that they are original model A or B lifters, neither left the factory with adjustable lifters. Also not to critisize but the lifters pictured on Ford Garage are all adjustable lifters and don't reflect the difference between original model A and B lifters. Then the thread turned to cam hardness and the poor quality of reground cams and the people that really couldn't afford a good cam. I felt that I had to keep coming back time after time to defend my cams and my credability. Nothing That I said was intended to discredit anybody. Just talking model A and trying to share my experiences and give helpful advice.

Thanks Purdy.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote