View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
coupe1942

Default Better pickup mirror for 82-B closed cab

My truck didn't come to me with any outside rear view mirrors on it. In searching through various vendor catalogs, I see clamp on peep mirrors and those that install with the hinge pin at the door. My previous experience with the peep clamp o mirrors was that they always seemed to mar or chip the paint over time. I don't want to shell out money to obtain a once in a lifetime hing pin removal tool just to install a door mirror on the truck.

What is the best door mirror for ease of installation and also economical? I looked at the strap on mirrors that mount to the spare at the driver side fender, but i have never used one and I am not so sure one would meet my needs well in what I could view in it from that distance it would be paced on the spare. I actually like using mirrors on both sides of a vehicle, plus the rear view mirror. I am thinking I can add the passenger side mirror later.

Is there a way to install the clamp on ones that does not result in paint damage and keeps the thing locked into place when positioned?

It would be just my bad luck that the hinge pin type would end up with me breaking something at the door and never getting the old hinge pin out to begin with.

Any recommendations or tips on installation?
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote