View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 12:14 AM   #77
GB SISSON

Default Re: 276 stroker from 35 years of parts

I have my 16 excellent valve springs all clean and shiney in a can on my 8ba shelf. Today I picked out all of the 8ba style exhaust valves I have and started culling them for head thickness and stem diameter. I plan to use all Ford exhaust valves. I have handfulls of guides in a bucket of solvent soaking before testing. Tomorrow morning I get on the ferry to pick up that '93 S10 T-5. I needed one in my hands to get a visual as to next steps. It may very well be that I do the t5 swap this spring onto the back of the 221 that exists in the woodie. It's a nice runner with no real issues. I'm really busy with work still and don't want to rush the 276 build. Besides, I have the transfer case rebuilt now for the foyota, and that needs to go back in. Both of these vehicles are 'summer rides' and I will have 5 grandchildren around most of the summer. They are all under ten years old and love our drives through the countryside. Anyway, I will return tomorrow night with my catch. It will be interesting to rotate the gears and count what I have. Oh, and one more thing on the 276. That 8rt camshaft. Last week I started thinking it shoulda come by then. I look at ebay and it says 'money refunded'. I found out I had accidently cancelled my order with a keystroke... Fortunately nobody bought it in the interim. I reordered and it has been shipped. To arrive April 3-8. I will let you know what it measures at that time. Ok, early ferry in the morning. zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote