View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #34
Craig Lewis

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

You all need to look carefully at the actual ad and then I beg anyone to ad further arguement that the man was not mislead.
Here it is...
https://www.thompsonsgarage.com/home...1939-1948.html

I see all their wheel cylinders are clearly described as Proudly Made In USA with a big USA banner.

As a Canadian business owner I would be appalled & embarrassed at such an error. The man should have been appologized to and a correct part shipped or full refund offered with more appologies.
Furthermore the website should have been corrected ...TODAY.
I'll agree this could be a simple mistake and maybe some Chinese parts "snuck" into the bins without being noticed. Bottom line is they need to be culled or the ad changed and that's the only proper thing to do... period.

Although it seems hopeless most days, I go out of my way to buy Canadian, then USA, parts & tools. Next I consider used, going without.......... and finally offshore.
(which probably STILL claims roughly half of my purchases). Clothing is a hard one.

Given the present economy, anybody who thinks it "makes no difference" to buy everything Chinese, may I suggest you seek some help before it's too late?
When you devolve past the point of "tolerating" the support of foreign jobs to "grandstanding" in their favor, that is, for lack of a better word....frightfull.