View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 04:41 PM   #16
rockfla

Default Re: garage/shop related...lights

I did my shop shortly after buying my house about 4 years ago. I did ALL LED's via Amazon and wish NOW that a post like this would have been around as I would have gone a "slightly" different direction. As you can see I did the dual LED's up high, 12'6" and hung them down about 16" from there.....and it was definitely a great improvement over the fluorescent fixtures BUT it still was not what I would consider "Great" lighting. I saw the "UFO" style LED's on a day sale on Amazon and bought a 5pk and got to looking at my set up SO I went back and added both.....another set of dual LED's hanging about 7' from the floor running parallel to the sides of the vehicle for better lighting IF I was doing like a brake job or working on a rear axle in three of my bays BUT I also hung two UFO's down 7' from the floor at an angle inward for working under the hood of my vehicles an you can see the light they provide on the engine bay of my Jeep. Had I known, I would have used ALL "UFO style LED's" they way brighter light than the dual 5000 LED's. I also did not like the exposed linked wires SO I used 3/4 PVC pipe and cut them to length between the linked lights and covered the link wires to clean the look up a bit!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GarageLED5.jpg (83.7 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg GarageLED6.jpg (84.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg GarageLED1.jpg (50.6 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg NewOxbowLights1.jpg (46.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg NewOxbowlights5.jpg (87.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg NewOxbowlights4.jpg (41.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg NewOxbowlights2.jpg (86.1 KB, 42 views)
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote