View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
dan

Default Re: Open driveline on Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
I have seen this many times before. Someone asks a question about a mod that many are interested in and another poster tries to direct him/her to the hot rod board like they are in the wrong place.
Comments?
Giving fellow barners the benefit of the doubt, I ascribe it not to some sort of "orginal A snobbery" but to a genuine spirit of helpfulness.

Let's face it, there's a higher likelihood that your post will be seen by someone who has made this type of change on the "rod" side of things than here. That's because a lot of rodders make changes like this when switching over to a different motor, transmission and rear end--so possibly the majority of the members of those boards have something relevant to say. On this particular forum, I'd guess that this type of modification has been done by a very small percentage of members.

That's not to say that these types of questions can't/shouldn't be asked here, just that you're more likely to get useful information from the forums where more folks have first-hand knowledge.

But that's just my rose-colored-glasses view.
dan is offline   Reply With Quote