Thread: Hershey Stats
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 12:30 PM   #26
32phil

Default Re: Hershey Stats

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Just a quick idea of what it takes to have a vendor spot at Hershey:
Must be a member of AACA
Must have a current Pennsylvania Dept. of Revenue Tax ID number.
Must have your Tax ID present on the spot at all times.
Must file and pay taxes TWICE a year if you have qualifying sales.
It's an honor system so if you think you can fib and say no sales + no tax. I suggest you try that two or three filings in a row and they will take your Tax ID back. No sales for the midyear filing is OK as Hershey is only once a year. Still gotta file tho.
Remember No Tax ID no Spot.
Don't forget Hotels the closer you get the more expensive. We're at the Mainstay Suites about 3 miles from the fields 4 nights almost $700 plus meals. I already put down $180 deposit when we left in October for 2024.
We just registered with the AACA and paid (Yes $300 for 3 spots) for next year in December.
All this planning and paying is done almost a year in advance.
I'm already in for 2024 to the tune of $480
I have no idea if I'm going to be able to attend in 2024 but I must commit and pay now.
Want your own personal Porta Potty? That will be $200. You can pay that in August. Then at least you really do get to Go.
A lot can happen in a year Sooo After all of your planning and paying and preparing we have a Hurricane or just a miserable rainy cold 4 days you get to stay in your Hotel or follow the Commander around Dollar General.
Every empty spot you see represents someone who paid and didn't get to attend.
Sounds like I'm Complaining? Nope I love it. 2023 was my 50th. Year attending. Never missed one except for Covid when it was cancelled.
I'm going to keep going till I can't. I told my kids when that happens discreetly spread my ashes. At least I won't have to deal with the Tax Filing BS any longer.

Last edited by 32phil; 01-05-2024 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling
32phil is offline   Reply With Quote