View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #26
Keith True

Default Re: How to decide when to throw in the towel?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
You are not alone.There are probably thousands of people that have started to do an A,but at some point reality sets in.No time,no money,no space,no know-how,no tools,dozens of reasons.Probably hundreds of cars are inherited in pieces and the heirs declare,I'm gonna finish grandpas car.They buy a few hundred dollars worth of parts like tires,floor mats,moto-meters,and the dream fades away.My dad and I roofed a house in Hampton N.H.for a man when I was 14,about 1970.He was doing a 31 Cabriolet.He was very methodical.One part at a time,complete the job and hang it up.20 years later I helped my dad do the roof again.At that point the engine had been done by Knight Engineering in Rowley,and the chassis was together.In 2012 my dad took the roof job on again.(he said it's the last time)By now the body was painted,but no top or interior.The owner was nearing the end,but he had no intention of selling,and when he died shortly after we were done his heirs peddled it off.His children were not car people,and they just had workers box it all up and advertise it.It was bought by a street rodder,and dozens of us have parts from it now.The owner went from telling me that he and his wife were going to take that car to Canada when he finished it,to I don't care about driving it,I like the work.Where I am the rodders will step up and pay the real money,not the A people.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote