View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Lona

Default Re: Crank pulley removal...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
I have removed the front mount without removing the pulley. I removed the two large bolts and moved the ends of the mount forward and up, then slid it out the side. I removed the throttle linkage and jacked up the front of the engine. You should remove at least one bolt from each side of the rear motor mounts, then loosen the remaining bolt on each side, so you don't stress the flywheel cover.
Thanks, Tom. I was able to raise the motor about one inch without removing the throttle linkage but that wasn't even enough to take the pressure off the upper yoke springs. The yoke hits the pulley webbing and I can't move it in any direction. If the motor is raised at least two inches with the throttle linkage removed, I might be able to get the yoke bolt to clear the X member. The problem seems to be these rather large yoke springs. With the linkage removed, do you think the motor can be raised 2inches without damaging anything? Loosening the pulley and moving it forward a little as Dave suggests and then raising the motor 2 inches might give me the wiggle room needed to get the yoke out without having to go to the trouble of first removing the radiator. Do you think this is a good approach?

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Lona is offline   Reply With Quote