View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: model A and model B lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
The smaller base of the A lifter, dropping off the cam lobe quicker and scrapeing down the side of the lobe and causing rapid wear. At least that is the way that I understand it after reading what Vince had to say.
Here we go with another Falters theory time again Kids! Mr. Hardtimes, I have forgotten to ask if your lifters and cam were new, or reground??? If it was as Falters theory goes, I should have gotten all the motors with B cams, and Model A lifters back. Gosh, How could I be so Lucky. If you are using shorter Model A lifters, that would make no difference at all with adjustable Lifters. I just have checked the New lifters in Dave's engine, from Ne. and the new lifters that had a Model B parts number on them, stick past the fresh ground "A" lobe anywhere from .040 to .055 thousandths, each side of the Model A lobe, plenty to handle the Model B cam. Now if you want the "A" lifters, If you cant find any B's to match the cam lobe surface, you can releave the lobe on the cam .035 on each, if for some reanson you want them to match, but I wouldn't. I have never seen a Model T cam that didn't have a portion of the toe, at standard length, and the rest of the toe that was wore .020, or less. Herm.

P.S. The lifters came from Berts Model A, and they are a hard body, as the lifter body, and bolt will laugh at a file! I am sure other places have them as well.

Last edited by Kohnke Rebabbitting; 09-10-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote