Thread: Misfire mystery
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:24 AM   #127
Rob Doe

Default Re: Misfire mystery

In the wee hours, I keyed in something akin to the following text. Apparently, I never hit the 'post' button...

I used the magnifier to watch the video. I set it at 350 percent and watched many times while the video wrapped.

The first thing I noticed was that there is smoke coming out the tail pipe at a steady flow. There is some debris in it. Maybe its water as stated above.

The next thing I did was practice double clicking very fast to stop the video and advance only a few frames at a time. When the camera returns to the engine, I have moved the view to the lower right corner of the images. It took a while to achieve this. What shows up is a flash that appears to be a front exhaust port leak. This is followed by flashes that light up the front right corners of the engine and the flat edges near the timing gear cover?? There are multiple flashes that light the right front edge of the engine head.

After multiple attempts, I was able to freeze on a frame that shows the flash at the plug along with a large white flash reflecting off the right front corner of the head. I have not come up with a great explanation for this. Perhaps an early owner of the car is messing with Fairlane and us!

I would like to see a new film shot from a better view of the right front corner of the engine.