View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1930 Ford Truck . Yup Im Still Alive .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry B./ Ma. View Post
Yes Flop, I know what you mean. We did a 31 for a guy that supplied a body in primer that he bought at a swap meet, you wouldn't believe how bad it was underneath and was actually twisted by 2 inches in the subfloor. Poor guy didn't want a full restoration and we fought that every step of the way, doors missed shutting by inches and it took hours with a portapower to get it in shape so the lesson learned is be real careful buying a body in primer. Your project looks much better and I know it will be done right. Good to see you're back by the way. Good luck on the project.

Let me start by publicly saying nice job Flop (which he & I are friends on Facebook so he already knows I have already been singing his praises on FB.).

Barry, just like what Flop just found out, I honestly believe that is the normal protocol for all these truck cabs. We were in the same situation on a couple too. One good thing is that the new sub-rails are now being reproduced which are much closer than what we were dealing with using Tudor platforms.

Also, Flop is correct in that the wood's shape/dimensions are a vital part of making things fit, ...and often times the wood doesn't fit the sheetmetal which means nothing else wants to fit after it is installed! Again, Flop your customer should be proud of your efforts!! Below is one that basically collapsed on us just taking it off the frame. These poor cabs were not that strong to begin with, and they all require a lot of work to make everything fit properly. A 28-E30 cab is even worse!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote