View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed
Default Re: 1936 ford body help

You wont need the brace when its back on the chassis. The guy doing this Coup in the picture ,is a very good body man all the sections except the rear panel is hand made , hes not using bracing .You can tape cardboard over your running boards as you will You need aliment of them if you are doing B pillar patches .You could use some calipers to take reference points .if you are working say on the rear wheel wells for instances you prepare your patch then over lay it on the rusty section then scribe around it for the cut line ,that way you can get the holes lined up .Be careful about were you rear bumper irons attach .The body hight here is important .Believe me ! I am offering this from experience and the mistakes I made .The maroon 35 coup was brought back from the dead,by another body man , a old stock car that had extensive damage ,The front fenders had 3" of the edges (rolls ) replaced plus the roof cut a stretched to fix door gaps .Are you doing a coup ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/CT View Post
Problems. I can probably reattach the doors but some of my bracing might prevent them from closing. The Running Boards are in a box, having been rubberized By Acuff. I would hate to mess them up.
Would putting the fenders back without the Runing board help me at all?
Bruce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big truck 004.jpg (64.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg sprating wheels 006.jpg (89.6 KB, 57 views)

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,

Last edited by FlatheadTed; 11-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote