View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #115
Russell in Tulsa

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools vs. China Bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhusa View Post
I spend a lot of time in China and can tell you that most Chineese don't have a clue about how to use a tool never mind what the quality is. What I find funny is that when the chineese visit the US they purchase a bunch of brandname stuff becuse they can be sure it is real instead of a knock off. As for me I love to buy knock off stuff in china. I get Rolex watches for $10 that work for few weeks and Tumi luggage that is Ok as long as I carry on.
I'll bet they are taking the items to copy and sell back to us. A few years ago a large plumbing, mechanical, electrical supply house in the state would send Kohler, Delta and other American manufactured items overseas and have them change something so as to not be identical and they bought shiploads of product. One item comes to mind, a direct copy of a Delta kitchen faucet, you may have a Delta now on your kitchen sink. The one that has a ball on the end of the lever, well the one sold in many states has a wooden ball instead of the all metal handle of the Delta brand. And to top it off all of genuine Delta parts fit and work OK.
And while my mind is on this subject,(what little is left of it) our plumbing fittings and tubing has to meet Federal guidelines as to the amount of lead and cadmium that is allowed in the manufacture of these items and I would guess there were a lot of these foreign items that were off the scale.
Russell in Tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote