View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #47
Kevin in NJ

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools vs. China Bashing

The lawnmowers tend to have problems with the jets getting clogged with the alcohol fuel.

The need to go to a none adjustable carb is to reduce emissions. I have taken my share of lawnmowers out of the trash with one of two problems. The shear pin or clogged carb jets.

The new gas makes it worse as it tends to leave behind more residue when it evaporates out of the passages. I even had this problem with my 65 Mustang. The lawnmowers have the hair sized passages and takes very little to alter the flow. You just need to clear the jet with a very fine wire.

As far as HF tools, they have their place. While I have a lot of Snap On, the HF tools have done well for the times I needed a special tool for a one off project. You have to know what you need to do with the tool. You can not beat some of the free bees and the 20% off coupon. The LED flashlights for free do fine once you put real batteries in them. A few of the digital multimeters for free are great to leave around the work areas and tell you basic troubleshooting info.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote