View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: model A and model B lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
When I mention model A lifters, I'm not talking about adjustable lifters, I am refering to original model A lifters. Its just common sense to me if the length of the original model B lifter is longer than the original model A lifter, This in itself will cause a problem with valve adjustment clearance if model A original lifters are used with a model B cam, especially if it is a regrind, regardless of lifter base size. It seems to me that to make up the differance in length, if original model A lifters were used with a B cam would require cutting the seats deeper or useing longer, as in modern style valves.

Now If Jose Cartin, that started this thread is going to try and use model A lifters with a model B cam and use the valves that are in his engine he will end up with a huge clearance between lifter and valve stem. That is unless someone has previously installed modern valves with longer stems or he plans on sending it out for some machine work.
The valves we use, on A's, and B's we have to cut off about .125 thousandths to work, I would think they could be made to work in every case??? Thanks Herm.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote