View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
Kohnke Rebabbitting

Default Re: model A and model B lifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by abennett View Post
Check out Vince Falter's website, (fordgarage.com) in the index, go down to Repo Valve Lifter.
I used A lifters on a B cam and both were eaten up in 2500 miles.
We have used A lifters, on B cams, and B grinds, on A cams, for over 40 years with out distinction, and have absolutely NO problems. If yours were eaten up, I don't think you had found the real cause, as there are other things that can cause that, such as type of oil, reground cam and not rehardened, soft lifters, and a big one, debris left in the engine, such as, machine filings, This condition is not uncommon. There is a Machine Shop, that I know very well, had to redo some parts in a motor, that the Previous Rebuilder of a very few miles, used Time Saver to try to finish a bearing job that the rebuilder should have done with with a correctly ground crank, and correctly Align Bored Bearings. He had slopped this Timer saver stuff, all over the inside of the engine, and DID NOT clean it out, before he BUTTONED it up. You have to chemically clean any dirt, or at least any iron Particles, out, and off your engine parts be for assembly, and you have to use the correct type of cleaning machine. The best one that I have seen, and there may be better, is the stand up dish washer type, they use a very powerfull jet spray with their Chemical. The hot tanks with out agitation, are useless, the hot tank with Agitation is better, but I have seen nothing as good as the dish washer style. The last thing I will say, in my opinion, any thing that cuts bearing metal, cast, Brass Ect., has no place in an engine to compensate for poor machine work, or know how. Herm.
Kohnke Rebabbitting is offline   Reply With Quote