View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
dayid

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lewis View Post
I see all their wheel cylinders are clearly described as Proudly Made In USA with a big USA banner.

As a Canadian business owner I would be appalled & embarrassed at such an error. The man should have been appologized to and a correct part shipped or full refund offered with more appologies.
Furthermore the website should have been corrected ...TODAY.
Right. I didn't say to chargeback immediately upon receipt. However, since in the original post he already gave the business an opportunity to correct the situation - and it sounds like they balked at the chance - then it is a valid response.

This isn't much different than buying something that is advertised as a RED SHIRT in description with a picture of a RED SHIRT, and then being upset when what arrives is a BLUE SHIRT - then having the company say "Tough!"

Regardless of what people think of Made in USA, the facts seem to be that a product is advertised as something that it is not - both in image and text. No one is saying to go sue-happy against small businesses who make mistakes; however I will advocate highly to attain what you actually paid for - not whatever they felt like shipping to you that day.