View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:46 PM   #13
GB SISSON

Default Re: NOS 8RT camshaft

I retested, and as before, the very first one from the distributor gear (top in middle photo) has it's low spot at about 90 degrees from the base circle. From zero at it's base circle the lift is .300". I then tested the second one down as I had noticed the two were quite different, yet both are exhaust lobes and should have been the same. That next one had the same zero at the bottom, but no low spots along the way and a lift of .312". I then uncovered that third one up from the center bearing and the one above that. Like the first two, they both looked brand new, untouched, pristine. They were exactly like #2 above. Zero at base circle, no low spots and exactly .312" lift. I'd probably get no love from anybody if I carved a bit off that top one's base circle with my belt sander, huh? Just kidding. Where do I go from here?
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote