View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #70
bbrocksr

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Mods View Post
We have parts made in China for us proprietary by a US based company as one of our suppliers.

I can tell you this
Not only is the price 40% less for me to procure but the quality is 10 times better than the stuff they used to make for me in Chicago.

If we as Americans we not so damn lazy and didnt expect 50.00 an hour to push a button at a factory and then bitch that they are working to much then maybe all parts would actually say made in USA

Got to love living in Wisconsin where we have a governor who understands what is going on

I am in agreement with Brent
These parts are more than likely drop shipped to you. They prob never touch them. We ship 50-60 parts a day to our customers we never see. Its not fun sometimes to get proper literature and pics from the manufacturer to properly display and advertise the products. We have troubles with this all the time. I have had to rewrite installation instructions for many companies for select Corvette parts as they have no clue sometimes on how to do this.

We deal with alot of customers each week with custom parts for Corvettes, Vipers Camaro ect and every once and a while there is someone who isnt happy about something on a part. We do our best to make them happy and those who are polite and understanding of any non intentional mistakes are very easy to deal with. We do not even enforce restocking fees to those who made the error in ordering and want to return if they are polite on the phone.

There is always two sides to every story as well. I am sure Thompsons had no intentions of misleading anyone on any product they offer to customers.

I have been reading on this forum for awhile now and never see anything good posted about a vendor when a good experience has been had. But everyone is quick to jump to a computer( not saying just here but all forums) to have happy fingers when something isnt exactly perfect.
I am sure the part works just fine and as mentioned if not you have the choice to return it.

We have been paying vendors on other forums for years and most of the time there is always more to the story than what someone with happy fingers try to type out

I am sorry you had issues with Thompsons on your order

Once you get this straight I would expect to see you coming back and posting something positive towards them as well for handling the issue. I am sure they will do what is needed to make you happy.

This is what it feels like to get a positive review from customers.
We see post like this all the time not only about my business but about other vendors. So those who have a great experience should also be welcome to post that and not just anything that should go wrong.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...le-d-mods.html
Did you see any positive posts about Brattons in this thread? I believe if you read a little closer you will see a couple of positive comments about Brattons and one about Snyders.
I have been on this site for a while and have seen quite a few positive posts about good vendors and a lot of posts about not so good vendors.
Maybe if there were more good vendors there would be more positive posts.
Feedback is Feedback, good or bad is up to the vendor.

A lot of this thread was about the vendors defending the vendors!

I'll take Made in USA and send the Import junk back, Bill