View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:14 AM   #16
Bob NH

Default Re: The OneThat Got Away

You guys are making me laugh when I think back some years. I was hunting one time behind an old farm and came across the back half of two 32 roadsters and a model "A" back half all neatly lined up. I knew the old guy who used to own them and he had made tractors out of the chassis and cowls. I looked at them and said to myself, who would want those old things ? Some time later I realized they might have value and went back to get them, you got it, gonzo ! Walt makes me chuckle also, I had a buddy who got a 29 Che - - stripped down and I had a 33 International pickup. No money for gas but used to syphon a gallon or two from my mothers 40 coupe and mix it with kerosene we used for heating the house. Had a square tank from a gas refrigerator mounted on the firewall and away we went chasing each other on the dirt roads where I used to live . Never bothered by bugs with all that smoke. Never wrecked but many close ones ! One cop in town then so not to worry. Those were some fun days in my lifetime.
Bob NH is offline   Reply With Quote