View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #46
Tinker

Default Re: New Flathead Engine

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
No comment on where its made..... Other then following the idea and hoping for native production setup. It is a real world production consideration to be fair.

If you purchase 12 blocks at 500 bucks each you have spent less the half then the new block. Now you put 5gs in a rebuild and parts you are probably at the high end of the high end flathead.

One more thought of location and production... Its designed here, made somewhere else, I don't feel is an end all issue. Even Michelangelo showed up on site and said, take a little more off here... I might add with some experience of over seas production, products get changed or mod'ed unaware to the designer... happens in the translation sometimes.... maybe.

I'm still a little bit on the thought of restoring. So it not a consideration for me. I will say it will be a interesting game changer. It maybe comparable to the difference of a glass body and a steel body. It will only matter to those that care and what is available and certainly not a nail on the rebuilders that know a old block.

I wish the designer the best of luck.

Last edited by Tinker; 05-28-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote