View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #94
Tinker

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

If I need to replace something on my vehicle I try to get an original or fix what I have. If I can't get one in a timely manor or fix it. I buy a repro, where ever it's made (mindful of at least some quality, especially on suspension parts). Hey, I want to get on the road. If later, I find a good 75yr old part, I will replace the repro if apt. Sure glad I don't have to wait to find that one part that is hard to find to have fun with my cars. Nothing good about a car just sitting there.

It could be said, by arguing the venders position it keeps the question upfront. More time to be viewed by more people. Maybe unfortunate for one vender. But I really doubt anyone will have to close their doors because of one part or situation. Multiple ones or an extended period of time would be more damaging... maybe. A mistake or whatever. But as a business owner I know that you have to be true to what you say, deliver quality, and fix what is needed.

It looks like the issue has been resolved already on the website. That speaks volumes to me.

Last edited by Tinker; 06-23-2012 at 11:26 AM.