View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:49 AM   #12
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
I agree, the whole discussion inane. For example, Xerox Corporation made the first machine in (I believe) the 50’s or 60’s manufactured machines to make copies of original pages. We all called them “Xerox” copies. When other companies started making similar machines everyone kept calling any duplicates “Xerox copies”. It doesn’t matter what the manufacturer or a government agency call an item, people call it whatever makes sense and is understandable to everyone.

Therefore, if people want to call them Roadster Pickups, RPU’s or pickups, it doesn’t matter as long as everyone understands what the damn thing is!

David Serrano

But David that is the issue that I see, not everyone does understand what this bodystyle is.

Since you used an analogy, let me use this one too. Your name is David, -and that is what people know and identify you as. Maybe because I don't think you look like someone named David, I just called you George S, ...which causes confusion because that is not your proper name and people would even be more confused when I tried to speak to someone about you. We live in a different era with these cars and there is so much confusion with novices in this hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote