View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 10:12 PM   #28
KR500

Default Re: Bearing on King Pins question

Tom Endy, Some years ago a friend of mine who tore down his rear end and trans to replace the clutch decided to also replace the throw out bearing when he did the clutch. Was he upset, because the new throw out bearing holed. He tore apart and put back the old bearing. After returning from a National with his car he decided to pay Aetna a visit. We live in the Chicago area and Aetna was on the northwest side of town. He was able to talk to a supervisor that my friend talked to and the gentleman proceeded to place the bearing in a fixture similar to a lathe and a portion of the machine you could apply pressure against the bearing. It howled badly. The supervisor asked my friend if it would be OK to cut open the bearing. My friend wholeheartily said sure. Upon opening up the bearing the supervisor exclaimed that the bearing was NOT on of Aetnas. It was stamped Aetna but not with the same Labeling as was original Aetna stamped bearings. The supervisor said a foreign country, possibly India or China was making the bearings. Supplying Brattons, Snyders, Mikes Affordable with the ability for them to prophet more.
KR500 is offline   Reply With Quote