Thread: Fuse blowing
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 01:38 PM   #9
Rob Doe

Default Re: Fuse blowing

EZ, I have read Mr. Endy's article about finding faults in the electrical circuits. His instructions are straight forward and will quickly isolate the fault to a particular circuit.

I'm no expert on Model A electrical, assuming wired stock Model A wiring:

An unintended ground (some call it a short) between the + post of the coil, to and through the switch, to and through the heavy cable, and up through the distributor to the points will not blow the safety fuse on the starter switch. Such grounds are after the load (the primary coil winding). They might ruin the coil, but won't blow the fuse. A steady, not intermittent ground in that area should show on the ammeter if the car has the November 1929 wiring change from page 390 of the service bulletins?

As I recall, removing and separating the 3 wires at the generator, alternator and installing a new fuse will validate all the wires back up through the terminal box and back to the battery post fuse. Luck to ya.

Last edited by Rob Doe; 03-26-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Rob Doe is online now   Reply With Quote