Thread: Hershey Stats
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 03:08 PM   #6
Model51

Default Re: Hershey Stats

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I started going to Hersehy occasionally in the 1990;s and then attending Hershey every meet since 2001. The folks at Hershey used to require a permit for an electric cart and there were very few. As the average age goes up one year every year, folks are getting old and now it seems like it's a free for all for bikes, motor bikes, etc. with no enforcement. Likewise AACA used to enforce the use of the spaces. Every year more people who purchased a space don't attend or just use the spot for parking. Vendors who used to occupy large areas (Carpenter, Drake, etc.) are gone. Yes, AACA sells 9,000 spaces, but it's now about 50% utilized.

I will still continue to attend but my expectations have adjusted to the changing reality. I found some great Ford parts for my truck and at prices that I was glad to pay. For example a pair of two styles of 1935 Ford plyers for $10, about six truck hubcaps in decent shape for about $5 each, a pair of mid-1930's sun visors for $20. Still lot's of interesting things on display and for sale, great people to meet and catch up with old friends from around the country. So yes, it's worth attending, but expect to walk past many open spaces. I'm looking forward to going next year.

I added a couple pictures from this year which sort of show the lack of vendors and people. Nothing like it was 25 years ago, but then neither am I.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4195.jpg (79.9 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4129.jpg (64.6 KB, 112 views)
Model51 is offline   Reply With Quote