View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 09:33 PM   #1
Rocketdog1

Default Darn thing won't start...

Hey all, need a hand with some troubleshooting.

'31 SW TS with stock engine setup.

It's been some time since I tried to start the A (a couple of years), and I'm having a hell of a time. Feel free to scold me for not driving her for so long....unforgivable, I know.

Initially I thought that I'd just flooded it, since we could smell gas and the Tilly was seeping just a bit where she always does. So I went and had a frosty beverage and tried again aout 30 minutes later - no dice. Hmm....

So here's where I'm at:

She turns over just fine - no issues there.
It appears that fuel isn't an issues either.
This leaves us hunting for spark.

Key on, points closed, coil wire 1/4" from a head bolt - open points with a screwdriver and we get spark to the head bolt. Seems like this is how it should be - correct me if I'm mistaken.

Point gap seems fine - haven't touched them since I parked the car and it ran fine at that point, though I guess I could double check them for drill.

Only oddity that I could find is that the ammeter doesn't move - period. No twitch when I turn the key on. No wiggle when I turn the engine over. I know it's been a while but it seems like that thing should be moving at least a little bit.

I'm scratching my head on this one, so I fugured it was time to call in the experts.

Any help/advice provided is greatly appreciated.
Rocketdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote