View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 10:24 PM   #74
highbeams

Default Re: 1942 Ford deluxe coupe project

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaker View Post
Dale,
I believe that is a high temp paint on the exhaust manifolds. I thought they looks very good. With the way John his stuff organized and prepared the 42 coupe could be moving on its own in July this year!
I think he is going to mount the starter next and has his gas tank to come out for evaluation. Then we will move the 42 over here. We were considering towing it through town with one of the Allis tractors! Its about 2 miles from his place to the shop.
Regards,
Chris
On the Wis dairy farm (family established 80 acres in 1855) we had an Alice Chalmers 1937 WC that my father bought in 1957 reconditioned including the paint, to be used for field work.

What a monster for a 10-year old = deeep clutching . . . my left leg was too short unless I had death grips on the steering wheel, pulling my butt off the seat; Left & right brake levers were outta reach. A beast for me!

He also had the Ford Ferguson, bought new off the showroom floor in 1944; 'road gear' installed $100, plus dealer-supplied step plates( Henry did not include step plates, headlights, or rear plowing light.

Sooo much friendlier for me than the hold-on-for-your-life WC. (the Ford Ferg was used daily for 20 years w/one rebuild. (Harry Ferguson's idea= multiple hole drawbar. Harry & Henry unfortunately were not two peas in a pod. Harry said so-long after lawsuit(s).
highbeams is offline   Reply With Quote