View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #65
tubman

Default Re: Anyone else heard or know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Since some states have just had massive tornados they have lost their electricity. How in the heck can you charge your electric car so you can leave town for you own safety! Or what if you got caught in a flash flood with an electric car?
I'll play. First of all, I would make sure any vehicle I was depending on (gas or electric) was "topped up" with fuel; that'll probably give me about 300 miles, which should be adequate for anything I need to do. Actually, the EV probably has an advantage here, as you could top it off with your in-home charging station and wouldn't be driving around looking for gas and waiting in line. If I couldn't find a charging station in 300 miles, well, you wouldn't be able to find a functioning gas station either (the pumps run on electricity).

As to a flash flood, I'd probably be sitting on the roof or hanging onto the porch post watching the car float away, planning on calling my insurance agent when the whole mess was over. Everybody knows that only an idiot will drive into a flash flood. As to potential electric problems when the car is submerged, I really don't know what would happen, but I would bet the cars are designed to protect the occupants in such a situation.

Oh yeah; according to the current Ford commercials, you can use your EV to power your house during an outage.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote