View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:31 PM   #17
john charlton

Default Re: B block hole repair

I had a valve seat come loose broke up and departed down the muffler where it still is . A chunk of the seat was still embedded in the piston top which hit the head and made a mighty racket . The previous owner had had the car for 36 years and head had never been off in living memory . I had to build a killer puller to get the head off . To my surprise I found a two plug repair in the same area as your picture not only that one plug had a semicircle cutout in way of the valve seat insert . Nothing to lose I bought another seat put it in the freezer heated the block valve area and bopped it home ( once you start bopping you must not stop !!!) The head has been on I think around 5 years now and done many miles with no failure although I must say I am still waiting for the new seat to join its buddy in the muffler .I cant understand why such a repair was done to me the block was scrap surely back then good blocks were plentiful . Or maybe what the heck lets give it a go . You have nothing to lose give it a go !!!

John in Suffolk County England .
john charlton is offline   Reply With Quote