Thread: Quality parts
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: Quality parts

This goes not just for automotive electrical parts, but also for home/kitchen appliance, radio/stereo equipment, portable heater, you name it. They are all made in China. Every electrical control switch of any type I have ever had that was made in China failed very quickly. Both my portable electric heater on/off switches have been bypassed. My Chinese made table radio has a bad AM/FM selector switch and the on/off switch has a burned out aux contact for the dial pilot light. I've had two automatic drip coffeemakers go bad due to bad control switches. The manufacturers change the model designs very quickly so you can't just buy replacement parts. But if you did, it would be that same sub-standard switch.
I have had contacts actually come off the arm on a set of ignition points.
I have gotten to the point that I will drill out the rivets of a '55 Ford headlight switch and file the contacts, then re-assemble with machine screws and nuts rather than but a repro switch from them with a low life expectancy.
The American people got royally hosed when Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and CAFTA. This guy we got now (Trump) may be turning that around. I hope so. I want American quality when I fork over cash.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote