Thread: Jerky Runner
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #17
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Jerky Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskliesen View Post
The best medicine for a Model A ... drive it at least once a week for 15 - 20 miles.

Well guys (and gals) I am back again to report on this encounter with a problem A. So will give you a list of what I did now.

1. I did check the compression. Three of the cylinders measured around 75 and one was at 78. I did it with a cold engine (didn't want to put hot plugs). So this eliminates a permanent stuck valve (I guess-is this a valid assumption??)

2. This time I put about 2 oz of Mystery oil in the gas tank which was about 1/2 full. Took it for a drive around the neighborhood and reved it up to about 20 to 25 MPH in 2nd gear. Went for maybe 2-3 miles this way. I may still have a valve problem.

Well good news!!! It has seemed to have worked to stop the Jerky running!!!!!!! Will know the next time I take it out.

Have to leave it set for a few days because we are going to the Oregon coast to get away from the smoke in a lot of Oregon.

But deniskliesen you may have come up with the best answer for my problem. Because the rig had set for about 2 months without being taken out for a run.

Thank you all for your comments. It kept this old guy busy doing something. Kept out of the wife's way for a period of time!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote