The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No good job goes unpunished (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57810)

Maclab58 01-02-2012 11:44 AM

No good job goes unpunished

New Years eve I decided to replace the worn out, leaking water pump on my 31 with a new leakless pump. I also Replaced the hoses painted the outlet tube looked great. Fired it up no leaks! Yea! Drove it to town to get some oil absorber to clean up my mess on the shop floor. It's only about a 4 mile trip and when I pulled in the lot and stopped a guy pointed to the front of the car. As I rounded the front fender I notice the green waterfall pouring out the front of the radiator. The upper tank had blown a seam. So today I'm pulling the radiator for a trip to the shop tomorrow. I guess its a good time to detail the starter and generator. Do I dare try? :cool:

Tom Wesenberg 01-02-2012 12:28 PM

Re: No good job goes unpunished

They just don't make the repro radiators like the originals!:mad: I have a repro 30-1 radiator that I bought cheap at a swap meet because both the inlet and outlets fell off.

JBR 01-02-2012 12:29 PM

Kind of sounds like me. Why does one simple job always seem to cause two more?

Jim Parker Toronto 01-02-2012 01:54 PM

That's a Model A for ya! Never breaks down too far from home, so you can hobble home and fix it. She will always tell you what she needs before you get too far from home and things get inconvenient and real expensive! Think positive, there's too much negativity in this world.

30ccpickup 01-02-2012 03:30 PM

You should know, when you give them a little lovin they always want more.

gweilbaker 01-02-2012 06:17 PM

That's nothing! Try fixing plumbing on a 80 year old house. Your buggy is the sum of previous repairs, expect what will go will.

GW

joe plumber 01-03-2012 07:34 PM

If i was near you ,I'd help you out on your house plumbing .:cool:

Maclab58 01-03-2012 08:11 PM

Radiator dropped of at the shop this morning, will be ready late tomorrow afternoon. detailed the generator yesterday, will pull the starter tomorrow for cleaning and paint. While pulling the radiator yesterday I had the opportunity to closely inspect the wiring harness. Add that to the to do list. Thankfully I already had a new one. This car is like a woman..........sure likes attention and to have money spent on it.

ken ct 01-03-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweilbaker (Post 336025)
That's nothing! Try fixing plumbing on a 80 year old house. Your buggy is the sum of previous repairs, expect what will go will.

GW

Try it on a house 102 yrs old. Rotor Router is a yrly visitor here. lol ken ct.:) But its pd for.