The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fletcher,NC swap meet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40835)

coop 06-28-2011 05:28 PM

Fletcher,NC swap meet

anyone going this weekend, my wife and i will be there Fri,Sat

James Rogers 06-28-2011 06:11 PM

Re: Fletcher,NC swap meet

I have to go pick up some parts and will be wandering around Friday.

coop 06-28-2011 06:31 PM

hope theres alot of model a parts..

roccaas 06-30-2011 09:08 PM

Fri early

roccaas 07-02-2011 07:49 AM

Attended Friday morning.

It seemed to be more of a Swap Meet and less of the Yard Sale that it has been the last few years. I made great contacts on a Carb shop for my Impala, and a Preacher Man in WV who does amazing work on restoring Plates.

I did not run into Chris from WNC, and could not find his Fordor, but there was a nice but small selection of A's, including two nice Tudors, a P/U, and a Roadster.

I didn't find the UOS Light Switch I need, but it was worth $5 to see the '40 and '47 Black Deluxe Coupes. Which Commandment deals with Coveting thy neighbors '40 Ford Coupe? Better get to Confession...

Buz 07-02-2011 04:13 PM

I tried my best to attend and left the Charlotte area early and hoped to be there mid morning, but there must have been a heck of a traffic accident on I26 it was slow for miles before finally stopping, we sat trapped in traffic West bound for almost 3 hours, finally made it to the Saluda/Flat Rock exit but all the West bound two lane roads were also jammed up. By this time it's almost 2PM, so turned around and headed home, very disappointed, 7plus hours in the car for nothing. Seems like holiday weekends the traffic is so much worse than normal and unless you can take off on a weekday (which I couldn't) it's not worth the trouble anymore.

Anybody else get caught in the same traffic mess as I did ? Anybody going home East bound see what the problem actually was ?

Chris in WNC 07-02-2011 05:14 PM

I thought it was a tolerably good swap meet- rated a 6 or 7 on the cast iron sediment bowl scale. I bought some nice originals- a gas cap and a shift knob; but got no worthwhile nibbles on the eyebrow fender we had available. most of the great unwashed had no idea what it was. Model A cars for sale ranged from fair deals to silly-overpriced (as usual). you missed the Town Sedan because it was home in the garage. our unrestored Coupe was in the show car area all day Friday and part of Saturday AM.....had to come home early today to ride herd on some tree trimmers working at the house. forecast tomorrow is mid-90's, I will likely stay home.

RockHillWill 07-02-2011 06:05 PM

Hey Chris, it was great to see you and match face to name to posting name.

I had a great time and did not spend much this year.

You need to come down to the shop some day.