The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My New Project! CCPU (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66810)

ltdann 04-13-2012 04:05 PM

Re: My New Project! CCPU

I'm at a similar point with my 29CCPU (A2344243). Engine and frame serials even match!

My engine is out, but I have yet to get the axles and springs off. My basement is awash with cleaned/new car parts waiting for paint, assembly and installation

Rich

TommyCoupe 04-14-2012 07:50 AM

Looks like if you only fill the tank half-way, you'll be fine.:)

Cool project !

Tommy-

Fred K-OR 04-14-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeknapp29 (Post 405871)
Well, I got a few more things done this week. I took the back cab panels apart and also started working on straightening out the cab corners. I picked up some fenders today! The fronts are decent, the rear fenders are pretty rough so I'll probably keep looking for another set. Oh and I think my gas tank has a leak.:D

Somewhere I saw a 29 tank for sale. I think it was here on the Barn Swap section.

jakeknapp29 04-22-2012 05:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Headed off for the sandblaster first thing in the morning. Then the real fun starts!

Tom Wesenberg 04-22-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeknapp29 (Post 411421)
Headed off for the sandblaster first thing in the morning. Then the real fun starts!

WHOA!!!:eek:
Is this a comerrcial sandblaster? Does he know how to do large flat panels without warping them?

jakeknapp29 04-22-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 411562)
WHOA!!!:eek:
Is this a comerrcial sandblaster? Does he know how to do large flat panels without warping them?

Yes it is a commercial sandblaster. The guy I am taking it to sandblasted my '29 coupe a few years ago and did an excellent job so everything should turn out fine (knock on wood).

jakeknapp29 04-27-2012 02:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
She's back from the blaster!! Everything turned out great! I've got a LOT of sheet metal working to do now....

Vanspeed 04-28-2012 11:32 AM

Looks like fun!

jakeknapp29 04-28-2012 07:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I started doing some cowl patching tonight. I made a patch for the left side and got it welded in and smoothed out. I'm pretty happy with it. Right side tomorrow!

Dan Partain 04-28-2012 11:08 PM

Nice job Jake! By the looks of it, that's not your first patch panel. Keep up the good work.

jakeknapp29 04-29-2012 01:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I made another patch today and got it welded in. I also went to a swap meet this morning and got a dash panel, tail light, and headlight bar for my truck.

jakeknapp29 05-19-2012 08:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Been pretty busy lately as I am also building a 40 Ford hot rod and helping a buddy with a 32 five window coupe......and finishing up school. Still finding time for the truck though. Been patching up the back cab panels, removed the old floor pan (it turned into swiss cheese during sandblasting) and welding up the holes in the sub frame. Lots of work to do!!

jakeknapp29 05-25-2012 07:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made some progress on the truck tonight. The back part of the seat riser was rusted out pretty bad so I made a patch and welded it in. I think it turned out really nice. I've also started shooting primer on a lot of the pieces.

gunmetal blue 05-25-2012 07:17 PM

Nice looking truck I would be happy if mine was in that kind of shape, but I am happy with what I got. Good Luck

Steve Plucker 05-25-2012 07:28 PM

Jake,

You and Flop ought to go in business together!

Pluck

jakeknapp29 07-03-2012 07:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Been super busy lately but still finding a little time to work on the pickup. Got the new floor pan in and subframe all back together. Now I am working on finishing up the back panels and cab corners and then I'll move on to the doors!

jakeknapp29 08-08-2012 08:12 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I got back to work on the pickup this evening. I made a patch for the lower cab back panel and got it welded in. Next project is patching the doors.

partridgekelley 08-08-2012 08:47 PM

Hi Jake I also have a 28/9 pick-up,mixed parts not a show piece. I bought it in July of 59 at age 14. The only draw back here in a small town is I can't get away with anything= everyone knows my truck. I bought , a long time ago , a set of the blue prints for all the wood. I have shared them with a few guys putting one together , and will with you if you need. More like if your good with wood work. All I ask is you pay for the copying and shipping. Hope you off that sun visor soon. I'm at [email protected] (dumb computor) Do you have headlights yet? I'ed be lost without my old truck - it's part of my life. Wish mine had been in as good of shape when I got it.

jakeknapp29 08-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partridgekelley (Post 476022)
Hi Jake I also have a 28/9 pick-up,mixed parts not a show piece. I bought it in July of 59 at age 14. The only draw back here in a small town is I can't get away with anything= everyone knows my truck. I bought , a long time ago , a set of the blue prints for all the wood. I have shared them with a few guys putting one together , and will with you if you need. More like if your good with wood work. All I ask is you pay for the copying and shipping. Hope you off that sun visor soon. I'm at [email protected] (dumb computor) Do you have headlights yet? I'ed be lost without my old truck - it's part of my life. Wish mine had been in as good of shape when I got it.

Thanks so much for the offer! I would really be interested in the blueprints. I sent you an email. That would be a huge help!

FirstA 08-08-2012 09:35 PM

Jake, I started my 29 ccpu restoration a few months ago. I started on the chassis first and will do the cab last. My biggest problem so far is finding two good doors. I find bad rust but no winners yet. Looks like you are having as much fun as I am.